The procedure for check deposits is as follows...
- All deposits (cash or check) come to the Local Business Center for approval and processing. No deposits will be submitted directly to the Bursar's Office by a department.
- Once a department receives a check, the check should come immediately to an Operations Assistant in the Business Center for processing.
- The Business Center will restrictively stamp and log the check. If a department, institute, center, or recharge operation that regularly receives checks, then it should obtain its own stamp form the Bursar's Office and should apply it to the check immediately upon receipt.
- The Business Center will complete the Report of Money Received (Form 133) and the Financial Administrator will provide the appropriate account number.
- The Business Center will retain two copies of the check and the Report of Money Recieved, one for the Financial Adminstrator's ledgers and one for the Operation Assistant's records.
- All cash and/or checks should be delivered to the the Bursar's Office within 24 hours of receipt.
- Cash and/or c hecks held overnight must be kept in a locked and secured location.
- The Financial Administrator will reconcile the depoosit on the monthly ledgers.
Note: Travelers Cheques and domestic money orders are handled in the same manner as personal checks.